Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My little project


So, this weekend I finally did something I had been planning on for at least a month.
Well, first I had to clean up our back room which has just been a catch all of miscellaneous stuff we don't have a place for. Initially this was going to be a media room (xbox, movies, musical instruments etc.)+ work area for school work & crafts, but last week Tim moved his Xbox to the living room because we don't have surround sound in the back. I decided that this was fine with me because I had plans of my own for the back room. When I am done with it, it will be a great craft and office space with a small love seat or couple of chairs so we'll still have our extra tv room. The great thing is now I'll have a space where I can just turn the tv on TLC or HGTV and go to town organizing or crafting or just catching up on my programs. We have a big couch back there that we are going to get rid of (sell to Tim's couchless friend) which will free up a lot of space. Once that happens I'll be able to move forward with my love seat or chair purchase. So, this weekend I did a little more cleaning in the back room and have been brainstorming & browsing IKEA for the best desk/workspace for my awesome room. Unfortunately, my local IKEA did not have the stuff I wanted in stock (according to their website), so I thought with my semi-clean room I'd do a little project I'd been wanting to do since I got my laptop. The idea is not mine at all, found it online, but I am quite proud of the end result. It is a laptop sleeve made from an old sweater. The sweater was one I so loved even though I had shrunk it a bit from washing it so much. I had finally decided to get rid of the sweater b/c it was too short & kind of snug. Then when I got my laptop I was looking for sleeves or cases online and then thought I'd google how to make one & came across the sweater idea. So, I'm feeling pretty productive & crafty after this weekend. Now the trick will be to keep it up. I think once I get the room whipped into shape it'll be very easy to work on projects and hopefully when everything has a space we can keep it clean!

1 comment:

*Merry Girls* said...

I love the idea for the laptop sweater. I love the sweater, too. Yay for you getting things organized. I try and try but it is time to get drastic about organizing.