Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have had a very busy past couple of weeks ... hence my blogging hiatus. Since my last post:

Peanut started 2nd Grade on 8/27. They went back to school two weeks later than usual and they will not get out of school until the first week of June! That will be awful. It was nice to have the extra two weeks this year, but who wants to go back to school after Memorial Day weekend? Peanut is loving her teacher & class. Now we are in week three and she still seems to be excited about going each day.

I've been super busy at work. My boss just returned from a two week vacation and while she was gone there were lots of her daily responsibilities that I had to take on. We also had a big event over Labor Day weekend that I had to help get prepared for. So, I haven't had much free-time at work. I know, that's awful right? Don't worry though, things are slowing down just a bit for me now.

We went to visit the in-laws over Labor Day weekend. They had a family reunion at their home on Sunday. Saturday we had family pictures made and then we went to the OU vs. N. TX game. That was fun ... hot & a blow out, but still fun. I can't help to feel bad for teams like N. TX though, when they are just getting stomped out there. But it was fun to see our team lookin good. It was a very busy, but fun weekend.

I signed up for month two (Sept.) of my Boot Camp. It's really been great, except the getting up part. Once I am in the car I am fine, it's just making myself get out of bed at 5:30, that I have a hard time with. I'm trying to work on it, but that's still the hardest part. I love the workouts and love when the dark begins to fade into morning light just as we are finishing up. That is such a good feeling.

Somewhere in between Peanut & I went to Lowe's and built an "Herb Planter". That was fun & she now has a Lowe's apron to rival her Home Depot one. I love this activity & highly recommend checking out both Lowe's & Home Depot for their upcoming kids workshops. Such fun!

I'll post some pics later to wrap up our summer fun. Sorry for such a long post! Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

T * R * B said...

That is great she likes those workshops. I am glad things are slowing down for you.

*Merry Girls* said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only busy one. I hope everything slows for you. I glad that you like the boot camp! YAY for you!!!