Saturday, August 4, 2007

Art Caddy

I love finding fun and different kid stuff to do with Peanut. The one thing that drives me crazy is how expensive some stuff can be, especially where we live. So, I usually try to find the best deal when we do go out & about. I love a good deal! Last week, I was on the internet just browsing and somewhere read that Home Depot does a kids workshop on the first Saturday of every month where kids get to do a project and take it home. The best part is it's FREE! For the full scoop check out homedepotclinics.com. The kids also get an orange apron (theirs to keep) and when they finish the project they get a pin. Today's workshop was open from 9:00am to 12:00pm, I think they're probably all at the same time, and the kids built an Art Caddy. I think Peanut really had fun building it, she got to use a hammer and had the experience of building something herself (with just a little help from me). I don't think we have ever done anything quite like that. We do lots of crafty stuff, but this was different. It took us about 30 minutes to build it, get some free popcorn our Home Depot pops on the weekends and head to the car. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to entertain a kid or kids with a fun project. Ages were 5-12 (I don't know how strict they are with this).

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

5 comments:

*Merry Girls* said...

I love the free things in life! Lora does a class like that at Lowe's. If you have a Lowes'e nearby you could get two free crafty weekend a month. Ha!

It depends what photo software you use. I use picasa because it is free. I do what ever cropping(sp) I want to do and then it has a button on the bottom tool bar that says blog. Just click that and sign into your blog, it will automatically post the picture in what ever position you want. You can also make an account with slide.com which will allow you to turn the pictures but not edit. But slide lets you make slide shows for your blog which is tons of fun. Sorry this is so long if you have more questions you can email me. Love ya lots

Jen said...

Thanks, Inga! I used slide.com & look forward to making a slideshow. I had picasa on our old computer, but just got a mac and am not sure if I can use picasa with it. I'll find out b/c picasa is really awesome. But for now slide worked!

P.S. I'm going to look into the Lowe's thing now. : )

T * R * B said...

The Lowes workshop is twice a month. The second and fourth week. Eli is all happy to take Torin. At Lowes they get the apron and after each workshop they get a badge you can sew on there apron. It is fun and free.

LoraBelieves said...

Just thought I'd say, "Hi," too. It's nice to keep in touch a bit. I like your blog. Glad to hear life is treating you well. I do like the Lowes Kids Build and Grow clinics, but I didn't know that Home Depot did one. Hope your exercise class goes well. I started in June and was sore almost everyday for the first month, but not so much anymore. I was not in "good" shape to begin with though. Your workout sounds tough. I try to think of it as my retirement fund for my body. :)

BreAnne said...

I bet she enjoys that a ton! I always loved learning new things and building things as a kid.